FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 9, 2008 Contact: Fred Karger 619-592-2008
Settlement Reached Between Bolthouse Farms and Californians Against Hate
“Don’t Buy Bolthouse” Campaign Ends Today
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT WAS ISSUED TODAY BY FRED KARGER, CAMPAIGN MANAGER OF CALIFORNIANS AGAINST HATE.
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Today Californians Against Hate has reached agreement with Bolthouse Farms and will immediately end its “Don’t Buy Bolthouse” campaign.
Jeffrey Dunn, President and CEO of Bolthouse Farms, has provided us with a compelling perspective which clearly demonstrates the separation between Bolthouse Farms and the Bolthouse Foundation and its founder, William Bolthouse and provides us with confidence that Bolthouse Farms is committed to working productively with the LGBT community. Furthermore, Bolthouse Farms has embarked on a comprehensive diversity program designed to support inclusiveness in its dealings with all stakeholders including the LGBT community. The LGBT program includes scholarships, event sponsorship and activation, as well as support for community organizations working on LGBT equality issues. These community organizations include The Williams Institute, Human Rights Campaign, Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, Equality California Institute, The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and the National Center for Lesbian Rights.
Bolthouse Farms has also demonstrated internal commitment through its human resource management by implementing changes in its corporate HR policies. Bolthouse Farms has recently added medical benefits to same-sex partners of LGBT employees, and it will work quickly toward achieving a 100% rating from the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index.
We are encouraged and grateful for Bolthouse Farm’s support of full equality for all.
NOTE: Link to today’s L A Times Story on Settlement:
-- end --
- ► 2009 (97)
- Radio Nut Case Michael Savage on Prop 8
- News, News, News & More News on CA Against Hate
- Mega Donors From Out of State Press Coverage
- Videos Targeting Black Voters
- IS NOM NOW SUPPORTING SAME-SEX MARRIAGE? IS THAT A...
- Utah Mormon Money
- Mormon Money and Other News Coverage
- Mormon Money Watch
- Elsa Prince Commercial
- Mormons Donate 77% of Money To End Gay Marriage
- Huffington Post by Fred Karger
- Ask The Mormon Church To Remove Pepperdine's Name ...
- Lots More News Coverage From Around the World
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 9, 2008 Contact: ...
- Dishonor Roll Released -- 741 Yes on 8 Donors List...
- Don't Buy Bolthouse Demonstration Washington, DC
- Don't Buy Bolthouse Washington, DC Demonstration
- Check Out All Our News Coverage
- InstantRiverside.com News Story
- New York Demonstration at Whole Foods
- ▼ October (20)